Make lemons bars! Or rather, Clean Eating approved lemon protein bars that taste more sinful than healthy! This past weekend, Ben-a-Fit had a booth at a local 5k. And to encourage potential clients to come chat with us, I brought a few batches of these healthful little treats. With an indulgently moist and cake-like texture, you might never know they were good for you! If you like lemon bars, then you are in for a real treat!
Jamie Eason's Lemon Protein Bars
recipe from Bodybuilding.com
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla when protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
*2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
8 oz no-sugar added applesauce
4 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light, in large bowl.
3. Mix egg whites, Splenda, applesauce and water in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spray 8x8 glass baking dish with non-stick butter spray.
6. Pour ingredients into dish and bake 23 minutes.
*A note on the Crystal Light mix, you may want to play with the amount you add, as the amount listed could be a bit "tangy" for your liking.