Luckily, with some nudging from my friend who was curious if we had ever finished, we started back up and I am happy to say it is almost complete! I know, I know, it's about time!
Here's where we are today:
- Our clothes have been purged and a large trip to Goodwill was made.
- We took down the wooden rod that was admittedly bowing from the weight of my clothes and two metal rods were added to accommodate both mine and Chris' clothes. Not only does that make them more sturdy, but it's a far more efficient use of the space!
- And finally, after pricing out materials, we decided it was actually cheaper to purchase the 5x5 Expedit shelving unit from Ikea (which we scored for $179 with the Ikea family discount this month!). It fits like a glove, making the most of our closet space.
Click here for a glimpse at the before.
And while we're on the Master Bedroom, I thought I would give you a little tour of its current state (something I realized I have never done!).
On our list to complete the bedroom:
- Replace ceiling fan
- Purchase and possibly refinish nightstands
- Upgrade to a Cal King bed
- Get a full size mirror (like this one)
- Eventually put up crown molding
- And I'm still playing with the idea of building a headboard
I'll keep you updated! Happy Monday!!